Today's smart security options are becoming more advanced by the day. With that being said, it doesn't take much to fail to do simple security tasks like turning on your home security, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you never had to worry about these things ever again? When utilizing geofencing in York, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In York For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary along the sides of your property, which you may customize within your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to see when you go beyond the border and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements use to interact with one another. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by centralizing all elements onto the same network. You can draw specific boundaries on all sides of your house and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you move beyond the specified border.
For example, when you leave your premises, you can set your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will alert your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
These are some of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home security system in York. When you download the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to operate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make specific components engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to activate the fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system senses strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that operate in concert with each other. Make your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for TV night with preset light and HVAC levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to set the security system if you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in York
Whether you seek added reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (717) 256-1592 or complete the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.